Monday, January 25, 2010

So.... what to do?

I think the universe is trying to tell me something......

I have a pattern I follow every morning; get up, make coffee, get the boys off to school, go to the computer, and jump on SpiritualForums.com, my favorite site, to post and comment and debate while my little girl plays and my wife sleeps in, 'til it's time for work Unfortunately, this morning I go to log into SF and get a "this site doesn't exist" message from my browser. WTF? I'm not too bummed about the writing I've done there (I back the good stuff up onto a text file... and just did it yesterday too, hmmm....), but I love that site and have enjoyed the back-and-forth I've gotten into with some of the other regulars. I'm seriously bummed about this.

But then I get to thinking. All things in our lives are there for a reason, especially anything which evokes a strong emotional response. While I have enjoyed SF, I do waste a lot of time there, time I could be using for other things: play with the kids, edit my book, work on query letters, do chores. I used that site and used it well to hone my ideas and clarify my writing, and yes, it did connect me with others of a like mind, but has it served it's purpose? Do I find another outlet for my thoughts, my ideas, my spirituality?

Thus I am here, posting for the first time in almost half a year on this blog I had such high hopes for but then became so frustrated with. Here I am with, not a loss, but with an opportunity. An opportunity to use my time better, to accomplish what I really want and need to accomplish, rather than just doing what feels good. What was I really doing with my time on SF? Debating the fine points of Unity Theory with a half a dozen other almost-but-not-quite like-minded people, verbally fencing with Vegans, hashing over whether negative spiritual entities are self-created or drawn in by belief. Basically, spiritual masturbation; pleasant in it's own way but accomplishing nothing. I feel the desire, the need to share my ideas, not with just a few people who basically agree, but with a wide audience, some of whom will hate it, some who will love it, and some special few who will resonate with the ideas and use that resonance to improve their lives, alter their spiritual trajectory.

Why did SF go away? Don't know. Why is this experience now in my life? To get me off my lazy floppy ass.

Use this.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome Back! Those of us who do enjoy your writings but can't follow you around and poke you for tidbits are very glad to hear that perhaps you'll be posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - I'm from SF too and have been trawling the net to find other members off there - hopefully we will find out soon enough where the site has gone.
    I used the site as a base for my research into psychic spirituality on the internet. I was offering readings on there :( But, like you I am looking into the meaning of this, what the opportunities are etc but I thought the site was a fanastic place and probably the most spiritual forum I had ever come across (and I have been to quite a few!)
    Tamlyn (Indigomoon75)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need to start your own forum on your blog. You need to start collecting people though so you have an audience... get more followers.

    Spiritual masturbation? eeeewwww. You'll go blind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, all things happen for a reason - but that doesn't stop some things from being sad. :( I am afraid spiritualforums has gone for good - I loved that site!

    Perhaps we would have been better off doing something else - perhaps not. I like to think SF had it's POSITIVE time and purpose - I'm sure it was many things to many people - as has been demonstrated here.

    Hope to see you all around - wish you all the greatest success and happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, looky here, people are actually paying attention! Holy Crap! :-) Nice to see some familiar.... well can't say "faces" based off screen names, can I?

    Kiauma and Tamlyn, SF was a huge positive experience for me as well, and it helped me refine my ideas a lot, but I have a huge problem with procrastination. I think I spent more time there than I should, time I could have used more wisely. Now I will get the opportunity to see if I'm right. Everything is an opportunity, right?

    Sam and Lisa, it's good to see friends and family are actually paying attention. I'll try hard not to bore you here. :-P

    So would spiritual masturbation blind your third eye? :-D

    jcs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through a google search. I found your story on SF.com(I just joined a couple says ago, so I guess is came back since you last tried) and I absolutely LOVE it! It really made my day! When you do get it published, I am buying a copy for all of my friends and family, it's truly incredible! Thanks for boosting my mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the positive words, lynt1001! By all means, share it with everyone who you think would appreciate it. Email it to friends, link it on Facebook, whatever. Publishing the book, to me, would be a means to an end. The end is sharing the message, so please share it!

    JCS

    ReplyDelete