Thursday, December 4, 2014

Welcome Home, Beloved

Hello my friends,

It's been almost 3 years since I've used this blog, but since I have rededicated myself to TCS, I figured it was time for me to dust this old thing off and start using it again.  I will try to post something about once a week.

I do not know how it is for other creatives, but for me the whole process is about momentum.  As long as I keep creating, keep working, keep coming to the page and putting something on it, I'm okay.  The moment I lapse, everything calcifies.  I was going great guns on my WIP, Children of Dusk, for about 2 months, then a combination of work, stress, and a little videogame called Destiny pulled me away from it, and I've barely written 10 pages in the last 3 months.  Every time I went to the page, it felt like I was constipated.  The ideas were there, but they wouldn't come together.  Just yesterday, I finally got things moving again, but I don't know how long I can maintain the focus with it being December and all. 

Does anyone else have problems like this?

JCS

1 comment:

  1. Yes, happens all the time. When it's the right time the words will call you again. Until then let them ferment in your head. Aging improves more then wine, you know.

    ReplyDelete