Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Soul, Remembering.

Hello all,

Today is the summer solstice, and whenever the Pagan holidays hit, I find myself looking back at how I had marked them in the past. Once I would have marked the sunrise and sundown with rituals. Today, I slept until 10 am and caught fireflies with my kids at dusk. The older I get and the more my soul remembers, the more I realize that ritual and ceremony are really just foci, chances for us to feel like we belong to something greater, a group of like minds. Once we start to catch on that all this separation and differences of opinion are just window dressing, that We Are All One, all the need to belong disappears. Because we already belong to the greatest group of all.

God.

CS

2 comments:

  1. Well said! I have noticed the same thing with myself. In the past I immersed myself in ritual as often as possible. Now, it’s like I know the importance of the day, mark it in my heart and chuckle as I see everything unfold the way it was going to unfold, whether I do anything about it or not.

    We are all connected to the universe to God, if you like. Our very atoms all originating from the same event, the big bang or whatever theory replaces it! Like Carl Sagan said; “We are all Star Stuff...”

    ReplyDelete